Motodemption | Mission to Ride
RE·DEMP·TION: noun – the action of regaining or gaining possession of something.
Motodemption is an adaptive camp offered through the High Fives Foundation. The High Fives Foundation is a 501(c)3 Nonprofit that focuses on preventing life-changing injuries and provides resources and hope if they happen. Motodemption is a campaign that seeks to find one lucky winner – a dirt lover that sustained a life-changing spinal cord injury while participating in the sport they love and who holds a desire to return to the mountains.
One winner will be selected to receive a trip to Leadville, CO to participate in two days (August 26 & 27, 2021) of adaptive motocross with the Motodemption and High Fives Foundation teams.
Please read through all application guidelines and terms of eligibility thoroughly before applying.
- Applicants must be 18 years or older
- Applicants must reside in the United States (the accident/injury does not need to have occurred within the United States)
- Effective January 1, 2014, to stay in compliance with the U.S. Government’s Affordable Health Care Act, applicants must have current and up to date health care coverage
- Applicants must have sustained a life-changing spinal cord injury due to an accident while participating in motorsports, specifically related to a dirt bike accident
- Applicants must have a history with motorsports and possess a desire to return to the outdoor action sport community and return to riding an adapted motocross bike
- Injury must have occurred within the last 25 years
Things To Be Considered – the applicant must provide the following
- A detailed description to the extent of their respective injury or injuries including the date, how, and when it occurred
- The goal(s) for recovery from injury; identifying the specific manner in which the High Fives Foundation can help to achieve said goal(s) and describe how he/she will follow through with said plan