MAD RIVER VALLEY COMMUNITY RAISES OVER $22,250 AT 7TH ANNUAL EAST COAST CHARITY GOLF TOURNAMENT Benefitting the HIGH FIVES FOUNDATION
132 golfers participated in 18-holes of scramble golf at Sugarbush Resort Golf Club to raise funds for traumatically injured outdoor sports athletes in need.
The High Fives Foundation hosted its 7th Annual East Coast Charity Golf Tournament at the Sugarbush Resort Golf Club in Warren, Vt. on Fri., August 9, 2019. With the help of presenting sponsors GoPro, Kingsbury Companies and VT North Ski Shop. Over $22,250 was raised to support the recovery and rehabilitation efforts of traumatically injured outdoor sports athletes.
To date, the High Fives Foundation has provided grant funding to 244 injured individuals and Veterans in 32 states across the country.
“It was amazing to have the tournament back at Sugarbush.” said Steve Wallace, Program Services Director for the High Fives Foundation. “The volunteers made it for such a smooth day, and everyone had a great time!”
Participants enjoyed a variety of competitions, in addition to tournament play. Activities included a “Break the Glass” competition, presented by Elevation Physical Therapy, where participants attempted to shatter a pane of glass from 25-yards away. Formula Ford sponsored the Hole in One contest and put up a brand new Ford F-150. Participants then challenged head golf professional, Roger King, in a “Beat the Pro.” Throughout the course there were multiple “not-typical” golf contests, like the Ski-Boot Long Drive, presented by Race Stock Sports and an Air Cannon Hole, presented by K2 Skis.
A special thank you from the High Fives Foundation goes out to the following sponsors that made this tournament happen: Sierra Nevada College, HEAD Skis, Smith Optics, CMH Heli-Skiing, Lyons Group, the Village Grocery, Tito’s Vodka, New Belgium Brewing Co., Belknap Plumbing and Heating, Darn Tough VT Socks, Rome Snowboards, Ski The East, Stys Hospitality, Cabot Cheese, Boston Bruins Foundation, SkiChair.com, Yeti, and Lowe’s Garden Thyme.
Our cherished sponsors made sure every golfer had a chance to win some amazing prizes. The following teams/individuals came out on top:
- 1st Place: Team Grip it and Sip It
- 2nd Place: Team Driving Chaos
- 3rd Place: Team Bullock
- Break the Glass (Presented by Elevation PT): Brian Daigle
- Men’s Long Drive (Presented by HEAD Skis): Josh Haines
- Men’s Closest to the Pin (Presented by CMH Heli-Skiing): Eli Moulton
- Women’s Long Drive (Presented by HEAD Skis): Shay Graydon
- Women’s Closest to the Pin (Presented by CMH Heli-Skiing): Angela Tremblay
- Putting Contest (Presented by Sierra Nevada College): Todd Hathaway
- Baseball Bat Longest Drive (Presented by Smith Optics): Josh Haines
- Air Cannon Closest to the Pin (Presented by K2 Sports): Dave Petterson
- Ski Boot Long Drive (Presented by Lange and Race Stock Sports): Adam Palmiter
Following tournament play, participants enjoyed all the amenities Sugarbush Golf Club has to offer, while listening to music from DJ Professor, and enjoying food from the Localfolk Smokehouse. The weather was perfect, spirits were high, and the High Fives Foundation is looking forward to next year’s 8th Annual Charity Golf Tournament.