We’ve been so fortunate to be featured in several news articles highlighting our program services, staff, and recent projects the past couple of weeks. In case you missed it, we’re sharing these features with you.
High Fives Foundation Programming Write-Ups
- Boating Industry shared a press release about High Fives’ new partnership with MasterCraft that will bring wakesurfing to Lake Tahoe in 2024:https://boatingindustry.com/top-news/2023/11/28/mastercraft-partners-with-high-fives-foundation/
- Mountain Bike Action and BikeRumor published articles about the adaptive mountain bike camps we hosted this summer for athletes and veterans all across the country:
- Bicycling recommended High Fives as one of six cycling-related charities to support at Giving Tuesday: https://www.bicycling.com/news/a45826025/six-cycling-related-charities-doing-big-things/
- High Fives was highlighted by VT Ski and Ride as one of six organizations that is helping get athletes of all ability levels back on the slopes: https://vtskiandride.com/7-organizations-get-skiers-back-action/
- KRCR-TV spotlighted Spherion recently, who contributed to High Fives as part of their annual give-back initiative: https://krcrtv.com/news/local/spherion-chico-donates-to-high-fives-foundation-supporting-physically-active-lifestyles-for-veterans-paraplegics-and-injured-athletes)
High Fives Staff Feature
- Pinkbike interviewed High Fives athlete #9 and staff member since 2017, Landon McGauley, about his experiences with and perseverance following spinal cord injuries: https://www.pinkbike.com/news/landon-mcgauley-on-becoming-paralyzed-a-second-time.html
Full Circle Film Press
- Gripped reported that Full Circle was the Grand Prize winner at the Banff Centre Mountain Film and Book Festival: https://gripped.com/events/the-banff-mountain-film-fest-winners-are/
- Westword, New Mobility, and YM Cinema wrote some incredible features on Full Circle as well:
Thanks for reading, thanks for sharing, and thanks for supporting High Fives Foundation and the like-minded organizations we work with.