Josh Dueck, Lindsay James, Dawn Lypchuk, Ryan Rhodes and Max Russman are the final recipients of the Top 20 Under 40.
The final five recipients in the 2016 KPMG Top 20 Under 40 include a lawyer, a registered nurse, a hydrogeologist, a small business owner and a young leader who describes himself as an athlete, adventurer, and storyteller.
The recipients announced Tuesday are:
· Josh Dueck, Canadian alpine skier and silver medalist at the 2010 Winter Paralympics in Vancouver in men’s slalom sit-ski. He was also Canada’s Flag Bearer at the Closing Ceremonies of the Sochi Paralympics and now heads up Freedom Movement Inc.
· Lindsay James, owner and hairstylist of The Scarlet Studio
· Dawn Lypchuk, Enterostomal Therapist and RN at Interior Health and Nightingales Medical
· Ryan Rhodes, vice president of Western Water Associates Ltd.
· Max Russman, lawyer and partner at Nixon Wenger LLP
The KPMG Top 20 Under 40 recognizes the next generation of leaders in the North Okanagan who are making their mark through business success and community involvement. All 20 recipients will be honoured at a special recognition event on Thursday, Oct. 20 during Small Business Week. Three Rising Stars who are 30 or younger will also be recognized at the same event.
The previously selected recipients include:
· Dora Anderson partner – MQN Architecture & Interior Design
· Leah Campbell, social media and marketing – Davison Orchards
· Taylor Dedora, associate – Schoenne & Associates Real Estate Appraisers.
· Deanna Fester, owner and coach – Cross Fit Vernon
· Sherrilee Franks, owner and managing broker – Keystone Property Management Ltd.
· Terence Giesbrecht, owner – Skyride Bike & Board Inc.
· Dustin Griffin, lawyer – Kidston & Company
· Daniel Healey, senior manager – KPMG
· Morgan Higgins, entrepreneur and founder – Smooth Effects
· Tracy Knight, lawyer – Nixon Wenger LLP
· Trinity Smith, veterinarian & Partner – Central Animal Hospital
· Peter Solymosi, general manager – White House Mortgages
· Dave Sturgeon, business owner – CK Design Kitchen & Bath Cabinetry
· Brad Swanson, leader and educator – Kala Star Academics & Outdoor School.
· Tanner Udenberg, optometrist and partner – Vernon Optometry
“Recognizing some of the talented young professionals in the region has multiple benefits,” said Dauna Kennedy Grant, Chamber president.
“It’s important for our community to know the caliber of talent we have here and by doing so it can also inspire other youth to dream big.”
For more info on the recipients visit: www.20under40vernon.ca.