High Five #HighFivesAthlete Jeff Andrews for achieving all of his Arcade Belt Goals, 5 total!
- GOAL 1 – To transfer to and from his wheelchair unassisted. (COMPLETED on 1/9/15)
- GOAL 2 – To navigate doors and ramps independently. (COMPLETED on 1/30/15)
- GOAL 3 – Three sets of 15 unassisted box pushups. (COMPLETED on 3/15/15)
- GOAL 4 – To unweight off his chair himself by pushing up on wheels. (COMPLETED on 5/30/15)
- GOAL 5 – To get out in the ocean and surf some waves! (COMPLETED on 4/20/16)
These goals are achieved as a part of the Arcade Goal Belt Program which was established as an initiative that guides athletes through the complex recovery process after a life-altering injury.
The belt program, which is similar to a karate belt system, rewards High Fives athletes with an Arcade belt containing a new gold star for each milestone achieved. This framework is designed to provide clarity, support, competition and inspiration for others as these athletes work to rebuild their lives.