High Five #HighFivesAthlete Kailyn Forsberg for achieving 4 of her 5 Arcade Belt Goals!
- GOAL 1 –Discharge from Craig Hospital. (COMPLETED on 7/9/2015)
- GOAL 2 –Receive learner’s permit and start driving this summer. (COMPLETED on 8/1/2015)
- GOAL 3 – Get back into school – Eagle Valley High School (COMPLETED on 9/1/2015)
- GOAL 4 – Shoot a duck during the hunting season.
- GOAL 5 – Ski. (COMPLETED on 4/15/2016)
These goals are achieved as a part of the Arcade Goal Belt Program which was established as an initiative that guides athletes through the complex recovery process after a life-altering injury.
The belt program, which is similar to a karate belt system, rewards High Fives athletes with an Arcade belt containing a new gold star for each milestone achieved. This framework is designed to provide clarity, support, competition and inspiration for others as these athletes work to rebuild their lives.
Kailyn’s goal is to recover as much as is medically possible and get back to doing the things she loves. Eventually she would like to become a safety advocate in the action-sports community.