High Five #HighFivesAthlete Steven Jacobo for achieving all five of his Arcade Belt Goals!
- GOAL 1 –Train at the Calgary Olympic Park, and make the US Adaptive Bobsled and Skeleton Teams. (COMPLETED on 12/15/2014)
- GOAL 2 –Start from the top of the bobsled/skeleton track in Igls, Austria. Only the best of the best can start at the intimidating top of the track at the Igls venue. (COMPLETED on 1/24/2015)
- GOAL 3 –To be able to start from the top of the corse in St. Moritz, Switzerland. (COMPLETED on 1/15/2015)
- GOAL 4 –Make World Championships in Park City. (COMPLETED on 4/15/2016)
- GOAL 5 – Earn a medal at World Championships. (COMPLETED on 4/25/2016)
These goals are achieved as a part of the Arcade Goal Belt Program which was established as an initiative that guides athletes through the complex recovery process after a life-altering injury.
The belt program, which is similar to a karate belt system, rewards High Fives athletes with an Arcade belt containing a new gold star for each milestone achieved. This framework is designed to provide clarity, support, competition and inspiration for others as these athletes work to rebuild their lives.