High Five #HighFivesAthlete Steven Jacobo for achieving all five of his Arcade Belt Goals!
- GOAL 1 –Train at the Calgary Olympic Park, and make the US Adaptive Bobsled and Skeleton Teams. (COMPLETED on 12/15/2014)
- GOAL 2 –Start from the top of the bobsled/skeleton track in Igls, Austria. Only the best of the best can start at the intimidating top of the track at the Igls venue. (COMPLETED on 1/24/2015)
- GOAL 3 –To be able to start from the top of the corse in St. Moritz, Switzerland. (COMPLETED on 1/15/2015)
- GOAL 4 –Make World Championships in Park City. (COMPLETED on 4/15/2016)
- GOAL 5 – Earn a medal at World Championships. (COMPLETED on 4/25/2016)
These goals are achieved as a part of the Arcade Goal Belt Program which was established as an initiative that guides athletes through the complex recovery process after a life-altering injury.
The belt program, which is similar to a karate belt system, rewards High Fives athletes with an Arcade belt containing a new gold star for each milestone achieved. This framework is designed to provide clarity, support, competition and inspiration for others as these athletes work to rebuild their lives.
Steven has always been into action sports and is currently getting into a new sport called WCMX, and in July 2014 High Fives helped him purchase his first freestyle chair. Steven has accomplished all of his five goals, congratulations!