- GOAL 1 – To get use of fingers (COMPLETED on 5/5/2015)
- GOAL 2 – To get into a wheelchair by himself (COMPLETED on 6/5/2015)
- GOAL 3 – To be able to wheel his own wheel chair and use his camera again! (COMPLETED on 7/01/2017)
- GOAL 4 – To mountain bike with his family again (COMPLETED on 7/15/2017)
- GOAL 5 – To heli-ski in Alaska
Jason was skiing at Squaw Valley with the Gaffney Brothers and a bunch of local rippers on one of the only powder days of the year. Jason was taking photos of the crew when he decided he’d take a free ski run on Main Chute on the Palisades. After entering the chute, Jason picked up speed quick and came out of the run very hot. Toward the bottom of Main Chute Jason caught an edge and was flung on his back. The impact resulted in a burst fractured C6 vertebrae causing temporary paralysis from the shoulders down.
While maintaining a full time job at Squaw Valley, Jason manages to work on his recovery at the CR Johnson Healing Center multiple times per week. He is also an amazing husband and father. His most recent goal in the Arcade X High Fives Goal Belt Program revolved around his family.
These goals are achieved as a part of the Arcade Goal Belt Program which was established as an initiative that guides athletes through the complex recovery process after a life-altering injury.
The belt program, which is similar to a karate belt system, rewards High Fives athletes with an Arcade belt containing a new gold star for each milestone achieved. This framework is designed to provide clarity, support, competition and inspiration for others as these athletes work to rebuild their lives.