September – December of 2018, High Fives disbursed $101,121 in board approved Empowerment grant funds to 32 individuals with life-altering injuries, across North America.
2018 alone, High Fives disbursed $646,122 ($372,048 towards grants & $274,074 towards camps).
Since 2009 inception, the High Fives disbursed $3.2 million to individuals with life-altering injuries.
Where are the empowerment grant funds going?
- Austin Hunt received Nero-Physics Therapy Sessions = $2,000
- Jean Paul Lauren received a Military Pass at Big Sky = $500 & Flights for Ski Races = $1,200
- Rio Peterson received 1 Month Insurance = $616.94 & 3 Months Rent @ $2,300 = $6,900 & Quad Kitchen Tools = $248
- Bill Winchester received 5 Snow Ski Lessons @ $85 = $425 & 4 Water Ski Lessons @ $50 = $200
- Megan Wemmer received 40 PEAK Training Sessions @ $79 = $3,160 & Massage = $1,840
- Keenan Weischedel received an Off-road Handcycle w/ Quad Grips, Quad Brakes & Electric Assist = $11,510
- Bob Vogel received the remaing Cost of a Bomber Handcycle = $2,395
- Karen Trolan received Volkl Skis, Marker Bindings, POC Helmet & Goggles = $1,399.95
- Samantha Summers received 36 Hours of Personal Training @ $76 = $2,736
- Mike Schwarz received 8 Massage Sessions @ $65 = $520
- Mike Pingatore received a Dynaccess Hydry Snowski Rig = $8,600
- Orion Owens received 10 Ski Lessons at Stars Sheraton Steamboat Resort @ $160 = $1,600
- Brooke Nelson received a ReActive Adaptations Off-road Handcycle = $5,000
- Tommy Michaels received a TL Custom Waveski & Paddle = $2,750
- Ryan McLaren received 28 LocoMoto Retraining sessions at Journey Forward @ $100 = $2,800 & 8 Personal Training Sessions at Body Resolution @ $440 = $1,320 & 6 Message Therapy Sessions @ $390 = $780 & Anterior Foot Orthotics (Bio-Medic Appliances) = $780
- Tyler McKenzie received Travel to Visit CRJ Healing Center = $1,000
- Andrew Kurka received 4 Pairs of Skis and Bindings from Ski AK = $5,000
- Trevor Kennison received Training Program Fees at the National Sports Center for the Disabled Winter Park = $4,500
- Ethan Kairer received Adaptive Waveski from Kings Paddle Sports = $2,000
- Steven Jacobo received 2 Plane Tickets for Bobsled Training = $1,500
- Whitton Hyde received Amazing Brains Neurofeedback, Brainmaps, Pre & Post Therapy, 15 Neurofeedback Sessions = $2,400
- Mike Greenlee received Achieve Tahoe, Membership Dues = $50 & 5 Sit-Ski Lessons @ $100 = $500 & Equipment Rental @ $10 = $50
- Alex Goldmeier received Top End Force 3 Handcycle from SpinLife = $2,799 & Wheelchair Off Road Rear Wheels from Sportaid.com = $279
- John Goettge received Mono-ski Repairs from Dyanaccess = $500
- Michael Garcia received High Level Wheels for Basketball Wheelchair from Sportaid.com = $1,384.37
- Logan Fuller received 5 Adaptive Ski Lessons at Telluride Adaptive Sports Program @ $238.50 = $1,192.50
- Sally Francklyn received Recumbent Tricycle from Angle Tech = $3,500
- Jared Evans received JeeTrike Off-Road Hand Cycle from The Unpavement = $5,000
- Max Elles received 36 Sessions at Wayne’s World Elite Fitness Training @ $30 = $1,080 & travel from VT to CA for High Fives Fly Fish Camp = $1,000
- Jack Calbi received 30 Days of 3 Hour Help @ $14 = $1,260
- Dani Burt received Championships Entry for Stoke for Life Foundation = $209.95 & Championships Entry for Surfing America = $209.95 & World Championships Entry for International Surfing Association @ $250 = $509.95 & Registration fro Windansea Surf Club = $45 & Coalition Competitions 6 Total at Windansea Surf Club = $170 & Travel for Competitions = $700
- Kelsey Boyer received 1 Week Brain Therapy Treatment at Cognitive Fx = $5,000
Meet our 13 new #HighFivesAthletes!
The foundation has expanded to help 219 individuals and veterans from 32 states in nine respective funding categories- Living expenses, insurance, travel, health, healing network, adaptive equipment, winter equipment, programs and “stoke” (positive energy, outlook and attitude).